*Disclaimer I have the utmost respect for our military. I am not making fun of the seriousness day in any way shape or form. I appreciate everything our men in uniform, past, present and future have done/will do for this great country.
- It's a sad day when you have to go to the laundromat to make your day better.
- Laundromats have air conditioning. For those of you who are wondering why this is such a big deal, must not have read Sunday's post. (Rather than generating more heat then neccesary, I went here instead to do laundry)
- Not everyone BBQ's on this day. Some drag their brats to the laundromat run back and forth, yell, cry, scream whilst I am trying to enjoy my day not sweating my ass off in my house.
- The rest of the people spend Memorial Day in Wal-Mart. The freaking place was PACKED when I went to get more detergent. Don't you people have lives?
- Not everyone speaks English. Well, that one I've known, but it made it stand out even more.
- How in the hell are less fortunate people supposed to save up for a washer and dryer when it can cost almost $10 to do 2 loads?
- I need to get a small business loan and open a laundromat.
- People you went to school with 20 years ago are still around and still just as scary as ever. They also don't have a washer and/or dryer.
- You can get a lot of laundry done in just nine hours . I had a lot of it, cuz I hate to do laundry so it piles up. Besides, 2 birds 1 stone. Stay cool, be productive.
- Marine Corps is the only branch of the military that does not have a time out card. This was told to me by a divorced guy with a broken washer at the end of my 9 hour laundry shift. I think he was
hitting on mevery nice. His son is in the Marine Corps and shared that info with me.
- I will actually fold laundry when I have no other distractions and nothing else to do. I will NOT fold socks. They are still in a laundry bag in the car along with the laundry I did on my second trip.
- The clothes will probably stay in the back of my car for months. We are all pretty lazy in this respect. We will all be making nekkid trips out there after our showers.