Wednesday, March 11, 2009

So the Geek Squad Guy thinks I am an idiot


I am NOT going to argue with him on that in SOME aspects, but in this case, I beg to differ.

I took my "dead" puter (click the link or scroll down 1 post to get caught up) to Best Buy yesterday, explained what I did, all of the error messages I was getting, that I restored it back to factory... (sigh when am I EVER going to learn to back my shit up?).. etc. He plugs it in... guess what? That's right, just like taking the car to the mechanic, it won't make that noise.. but in this case, it started right for him. No problems.. NOTHING. I started twitching. He looks at me like a doctor looks at a psychiatric patient trying to convince the Dr. that he's not crazy. I looked at him and said "Do your REALLY think that if it was working just fine, I would be here?" twitch

He gives me the blank stare that only a man can give. So he says, "Well it seems to be working just fine now. From the error messages you described, it sounds like a hardware problem; possibly RAM. We can put in a $30 stick of RAM and hope that solves this problem IF indeed there is still a problem, or we can keep it and run a full diagnostics on it for $70. I told him to keep it. Because if you all have been reading this blog long enough, you know that my house is an appliance hell where everything comes to die or break. With my luck, I would get it home, and it would pull the same shit.. so I thought it best for my sanity that he keep it, run the tests and hopefully find out that I'm not crazy crazy crazy.


I should be getting it back on Friday the 13th JOY and will spend the weekend catching up with everyone. Thanks for your patience as I try to quell my DT's.

5 comments:

Sass said...

Ugh. I hate when that happens.

My car literally died when I was going 70 mph down the interstate. I got it started again, and took it into the dealership, as it was still under warranty.

They told me that it wasn't possible for a car to die on the interstate, and that there was nothing wrong, but maybe if my husband came by they could explain it better to him.

Yup.

Ugh. Good luck with the shakes. ;)

ReformingGeek said...

I read Best Butt. I knew that wasn't right. Best Buy = Please Buy.

Anyway....

The last "guy" that talked to me like that is still in a body cast.

I got off with community service.

;-)

Good Luck with the NOT BEST BUTT non-geeks.

Tuesday Taylor said...

This is what ALWAYS happens to me with any problem: computer, my cell phone, my car, etc. What the hell?

The Queen said...

I have extra computers.. I'm sending one to you by way of magic carpet.. hope it finds you before you go into full blown DTs..

SkylersDad said...

Be sure to tell them you have PMS and a Gun, that usually gets my wife decent service.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP