Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Moanday Morning


So here it is Moanday....again. There ought to be a law against it. You sit here bleary eyed, 1 eye open, waiting for the coffee to brew. Check your email, forward some email.. post a blog or 2 then head to myspace. Then you get in the shower 'cause you're still not awake..hoping it will wake you up... it doesn't. So you put on your shirt inside out.
Then you all safely travel to your 8-5. Fighting all of the non-drivers in your state. You know you can drive better than they can, why don't they understand that? Why can't they take lessons from you as you drive with your knees, eat your breakfast burrito with one hand, talk on the cellphone while it's on speaker, (because you're a safe driver) and put mascara on with the other hand. All while driving in the "go fast" lane where the speed limit is 70, but you are a safe driver so you state 10 miles below the posted speed limit. Now that you are done putting on your mascara, your other hand is free to flip off the drivers as they flash their brights at you to get out of the way and then angrily plow past you while flicking YOU off. You finally arrive at your jobs where you won't get motivated until after lunch, won't get started on any of your work til 3, get bored with that, gossip with your co-workers for the next hour or until the boss catches you. You hurriedly change the subject to work related stuff (like your boss is stupid and thinks you were talking about work to begin with)then realize that you have an hour left and can't figure out why you got nothing done. You have the nerve to ask your boss for overtime to "finish-up." You then call your spouse to tell him or her you are "swamped" and will be a little late.

Me? I live right around the corner from where I work. It's a 3 minute walk or a 45 second drive. I have to wear office appropriate attire (heels pantyhose etc..) so I take that 45 second drive. I cuss at the two cars that I have to wait to pass before I can make my turn onto the road where my job is. I haul ass there because I piddle around until 7:56AM and can't figure out why I forget crap (cell phone, bra etc.. lol ok well not my bra, but you get the picture


Have a great Monday (kinda oxymoronish isn't it?)

No comments:

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP