Monday, November 17, 2008

Goodbye Dear Zen


My SIL had a dog name Zen. Even though he was not an immediate family member, he was as much as part of our family as our own pets. He was loving, kind, happy, funny, a joy to have around. When we came to their house to visit (just about every weekend) he was there barking at us. He knew who we were, he was just happy to see us and wanted to let everyone know we were there. Even once we were in the house, he would bark.

Unfortunately, he got sick and his kidneys started shutting down. We think he may have gotten some of that bad dog food that was in the news earlier this year. None the less, he was still chasing lizards, squirrels and whatever else ran faster than him. He would still bark at us when we came to see everyone. That is, until this past Saturday night. He still came to greet us at the car, but he did not bark.

He was not his happy-go-lucky self. I knew that this would probably be the last time I would see him. He spent a lot of time outside, but towards the later part of the night, he was in the house in the back bedroom. He was laying on the floor. I then laid next to him for about 10-15 minutes, just petting him, talking to him, telling him to let go. He knew we all loved him. He always felt the love. I knew he felt it Saturday night when I told him goodbye.


This morning, my SIL said she knew it was time for him to go, so they took him to the vet. I am sad, but happy he is no longer suffering. He was too good of a dog to be feeling so miserable.

Goodbye dear Zen. We all love you and will miss you. But we know you are in a better place

5 comments:

AD said...

RIP Zen.

You sound like an amazing dog.

Unknown said...

He was

Poetry Sue said...

I had put my beloved dog down about 10 years ago.. I still miss him everyday

SheBloggs said...

Goodbye lil buddy...<3

Unknown said...

it doesn't ever seem to get any easier, does it sue... oh and thanks for the referral.. I appreciate it!



bloggs... Thank you for the love I appreciate it

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP